Data & Analytics: a Great Opportunity to Develop and Protect Sports vs a Threat to Sports Integrity and Privacy
Ownership, Collection, Exploitation and Control of data: main legal issues
Introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in 2018
Data related to Sports Competitions (Illegal Betting & Match-Fixing)
Integrity of competitions:
- Big Data: a leverage to combat match-fixing?
Integrity of betting:
- Can data be manipulated (delayed data, faked data…) and be a threat for the integrity of sport betting?
Data related to Athletes
- Athletes’ right to privacy – Athletes Consent – Protection of data – Access to data
- The role of data in the negotiation of collective bargaining (health of the athletes)
- The use of Athletes Tracking Technologies (use & commercialization of data garnered by wearable technologies)
- Topical example: How does FIFA TMS deals with data related to football players?
Data related to Sports Fans
- Data in Connected Stadiums: Legal issues over data captured over Wi-Fi and their use
- Data and Sports Broadcasting: Enhancing the TV viewers’ experience