Tackling match-fixing is the first conference dedicated exclusively to the phenomena of match manipulation and betting related match-fixing.
This 1.5 day conference will address the biggest and most challenging issue threatening sport and football in particular. The match-fixing issues from a legal and criminal perspective are multiple and evolving.
The world’s most respected sports lawyers, legal and governance leaders, judicial bodies and match-fixing experts will provide their insightful analysis and a comprehensive overview of the current match-fixing landscape.
This conference is designed for Sports Lawyers, International Federations, Sports Governing Bodies, Clubs, Leagues and Sports Governance experts.
Speakers (Alphabetical order)
- Efraim Barak, CAS Arbitrator, Founder EFRAIM BARAK, Sport Law & Consultancy (Tel Aviv, Israel), RexSport Board Member
- Michele Bernasconi, Partner at Baer & Karrer & CAS Arbitrator
- Prof. Massimo Coccia, Arbitrator at CAS, Attorney-At-Law and Founding Partner at Coccia De Angelis Vecchio & Associati (Rome, Itlay)
- Prof. David Forrest, Honorary Professor at Liverpool University
- Dr. Emilio Garcia, Head of Disciplinary & Integrity – UEFA
- Mark Hovell, Partner at Mills & Reeve LLP, Manchester & CAS Arbitrator
- Prof. Ulrich Haas, Professor of Civil Procedure and Swiss Private Law (University of Zurich), Arbitrator (Sole, Chair, Wing) in over 250 cases (ICC, DIS, SWISS Rules, CAS, BAT, AD HOC)
- Oliver Jaberg, Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal – FIFA
- Andreas Krannich, Managing Director Strategy & Integrity, Sportradar
- Yves Le Lostecque, Head of the Sport Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and culture, European Union
- Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, OECD, SIGA & ICSS Europe
- Ettore Mazzilli, President of Rex Sport, Founding Partner of Studio Legale Mazzilli (Bari, Italy), QFA Legal Director
- Dr. Laila Mintas, Deputy President at Sportradar US and former Director of Integrity at CONCACAF
- Gianpaolo Monteneri, Founding Partner of Monteneri sports law (Zurich, Switzerland) and Vice President of Rex Sport
- Benoit Pasquier, General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs at Asian Football Confederation
- José Juan Pintó Sala, Founder & Honorary President of RexSport, Founding Partner of Pintó Ruiz & Del Valle and CAS Arbitrator
- Nick Raudenski, Chief Integrity Officer (UEFA)
- Matthieu Reeb, CAS Secretary General.
- Carlos Schneider, UEFA Legal Counsel
- William Sternheimer, CAS Deputy Secretary General
- Theo Van Seggelen, Secretary General at FIFPro
- The Phenomena - Match Manipulation as a Criminal Offence/ Match Manipulation In between Criminal and Sport Discipline
- Match-fixing – The criminal aspects
- CAS and Match Manipulation
- Match-fixing – On the institutional overlapping aspects and the co-existence in between Criminal and Sport Discipline
- Detecting Match Manipulation / The Confederations’ Challenge
- FIFA’s activities against Match Manipulation
- What UEFA and the AFC are doing to combat Match-fixing
- Legal Challenges and Legal Aspects in Tackling Match Manipulation
- The Disciplinary Proceedings at UEFA in Match Manipulation cases
- Match Manipulation - Legal Aspects yet to come for decision
- Are we doing enough to fight Match -fixing? Can we do More?